United Landmark Associates is looking for a talented junior graphic designer who is eager to develop their skills. As a junior graphic designer, you will work closely with senior creative staff on a range of creative campaigns and marketing projects. You will be responsible for helping carry out creative direction on new campaigns, maintain current marketing collateral as well as upkeep digital elements.
A junior designer needs a wide range of design and creative capabilities. These include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Design
- 0-1 year of agency or related experience
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- An understanding of HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of WordPress and other CMS platforms
- Knowledge of responsive design and web design
- Internet savvy / Knowledge of social media
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good organizational skills that support the rest of the team
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
From time-to-time a junior designer may need to work hours that aren’t typical, so a flexible approach is needed to get the best from the job.
Communication is a big part of the job, so the junior designer must feel confident enough to contribute to the entire creative process. Keeping a finger on the pulse of current trends is also key when moving towards promotion and recognition.